BSides Knoxville (with Roger Seagle) Advanced Persistent Security Podcast Episode 15 Guest: Roger Seagle May 18, 2016 If you enjoy this podcast, be sure to give us a 5 Star …
Cloud Security is nothing new. However, it is growing in implementation and popularity. This is causing a ripple effect in terms of attacks originating in the cloud, attacking assets in the cloud, and using cloud resources for availability attacks. The purpose of this podcast is to discuss the CSA Treacherous 12 Concerns.
Everyone wants to think about how secure they are. This podcast flips the script and assesses insecurity, specifically Mobile Insecurity. We discuss issues within the mobile computing ecosystem.
1. Current Event: Apple Quick Time and why could it not have been Flash. Georgia’s dad still uses Microsoft XP and won’t connect his printer to the network.
2. Georgia delivers her “Mobile Insecurity” talk and we discuss issues in the mobile threat landscape and possible mobile issues.
3. Mobile Malware, Ransomware, and MDM are discussed. Issues within the actual mobile Operating Systems are discussed briefly.
4. Joe asks if Georgia sees mobile devices distributing Ransomware and Malware to cars.
5. Quick banter of Apple vs FBI and the implications of the precedent both attempted and actually set.