October is Cyber Security Awareness Month
National Cyber Security Awareness Month was first implemented in 2004. It is co-sponsored by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the National Cyber Security Alliance. The purpose of the awareness month is to increase awareness of threats to safe computing and proper protection mechanisms. This is sponsored at all levels: Federal, State, Municipal, and also by private businesses and entities.
Since inception, Norway and the rest of Europe have adopted this month starting in 2012. Below is the 2015 materials for the month, produced by the DHS:
The Multi-State Information Sharing & Analysis Center (MS-ISAC) also has materials, such as calendars here.
Advanced Persistent Security Can Assist You and Your Business With Cyber Security Awareness Month
We offer a broad range of services to assist you with Cyber Security Awareness, year round. Below is a list of how we can help. Please contact our Sales Department for more information.
- We have Security Awareness Posters that you may use to help convey the point to employees.
- We have a training curriculum that we can present to your employees or you can direct them here for training.
- We will be presenting a webinar before the end of October. Please sign up for our mailing list to be kept in the loop.
- Our blog is a great resource for what is going on in cyber security.
- Our podcast:
- Tuesday is a continuation of the blog with a summary
- Thursday is a unique series. Right now we’re covering the SANS Top 20 Critical Security Controls.
Advanced Persistent Security is going “Pink” for Breast Cancer Awareness and Research!