Ransomware Infects Android 4.x and Earlier Ransomware has been sighted infecting older versions of Android in a Blue Coat lab environment. It was discovered using several vulnerabilities to install the malware silently …
Everyone wants to think about how secure they are. This podcast flips the script and assesses insecurity, specifically Mobile Insecurity. We discuss issues within the mobile computing ecosystem.
1. Current Event: Apple Quick Time and why could it not have been Flash. Georgia’s dad still uses Microsoft XP and won’t connect his printer to the network.
2. Georgia delivers her “Mobile Insecurity” talk and we discuss issues in the mobile threat landscape and possible mobile issues.
3. Mobile Malware, Ransomware, and MDM are discussed. Issues within the actual mobile Operating Systems are discussed briefly.
4. Joe asks if Georgia sees mobile devices distributing Ransomware and Malware to cars.
5. Quick banter of Apple vs FBI and the implications of the precedent both attempted and actually set.
Apple Indirectly Assisted the FBI in Hacking Terrorist iPhone? Recently we have all been an audience to the Apple versus FBI debacle that unfolded over the course of a few months with …